Made possible through the generosity of Mrs. Jean Stone, this fellowship funds an exceptional graduate student dissertation research project focusing on women and gender.
One $3000 fellowship
Monday, April 1, 2019
- Applicant must be engaged in research on women and/or gender
- Applicant must be registered in a doctoral program at UCLA
- Applicant must be advanced to candidacy by the award application deadline
- Awardee will be honored at the CSW Awards Reception at UCLA in May/June 2019. Attendance is highly encouraged.
- Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Find detailed information on the Dream Act at www.financialaid.ucla.edu.
- Applicants receiving financial aid are advised to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
The application requires the documents listed below.
- Dissertation Abstract or Proposal (maximum 5 single-spaced pages, including works cited)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial UCLA Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation from faculty members of any university
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the recommender’s email address in the form and an email will be sent (once the application is submitted) via Submittable to the recommender with instructions on uploading.
If the recommender encounters difficulties uploading letters to Submittable, they may send it directly to email@example.com with the name of the student and award for which they are applying.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letters of recommendation, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, April 1, 2019.
For questions regarding CSW awards, fellowships, and grants, please contact the Management Services Officer.