Our generous donors have provided CSW with the means to offer graduate students an array of award, grant, and fellowship opportunities. In addition, CSW employs graduate student researchers, who gain valuable experience in conference coordination, academic research, website and blog development, and other professionalization experience.
FELLOWSHIPS AND GRANTS
- The Constance Coiner Graduate Fellowship honors a UCLA doctoral student engaged in research focusing on feminist and working-class issues and demonstrates excellence in teaching and a commitment to teaching as activism.
- The Elizabeth Blackwell, M.D., Graduate Award recognizes a publishable research report, thesis, dissertation, or published article by a UCLA graduate student relating to women and health or women in health-related sciences.
- The Jean Stone Dissertation Research Fellowship supports a UCLA doctoral student engaged in research on women and/or gender.
- The Paula Stone Legal Research Fellowship supports promising research by a J.D., LL.M., S.J.D., or Ph.D. candidate at UCLA, focused on women and the law with preference given to research on women in the criminal/legal justice system.
- The Penny Kanner Dissertation Research Fellowship supports UCLA doctoral candidate engaged in research on women and/or gender using historical materials and methods.
- The Black Feminism Initiative Graduate Fellowships seek to advance black feminist work on any topic with a focus on scholarship that interrogates historical and ongoing regimes of violence, enclosure, and captivity and offers original insights for conceiving of freedom, redress, abolition, and refusal.
- Policy Brief Prize honors outstanding applied feminist scholarship by graduate students.
- Travel Grants, offered twice a year in spring and fall, provide graduate students with funds for research and conference travel.
For questions regarding CSW awards, fellowships, and grants, please contact the Management Services Officer.