This award will help fund a promising law or graduate student’s research focusing on women and the law with preference given to research on women in the criminal/legal justice system. It is made possible through the generosity of Mrs. Jean Stone to honor her daughter, Paula Stone.
One $3000 fellowship
Monday, March 30, 2020
- Applicant must be registered in a J.D., LL.M., S.J.D., or Ph.D. program at UCLA
- Applicant must be pursuing independent research, the results of which are suitable for publication as an academic article or book
- Co-authored submissions are eligible for this award, as long as all of the co-authors on the project are students (that is, faculty and postdoctoral fellows cannot be co-authors). At least one of the co-authors must be a graduate student; other co-authors can be undergraduates. If selected, one award will be split amongst all applicants. Payment will be issued to one student, who will be responsible for distributing payment to the other members.
- Awardee will be honored at the CSW Awards Celebration at UCLA in May/June 2020. Attendance is highly encouraged.
- Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Find detailed information on the Dream Act at www.financialaid.ucla.edu.
- Applicant receiving financial aid are advised to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
The application requires the documents listed below:
- Research Project Abstract or Proposal (maximum 5 single-spaced pages, including works cited)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial UCLA Transcripts (with most recent coursework)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from faculty members of any university
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of Recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the recommender’s email address in the form and an email will be sent (once the application is submitted) via Submittable to the recommender with instructions on uploading.
If the recommender encounters difficulties uploading letters to Submittable, they may send it directly to email@example.com with the name of the student and award for which they are applying.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letters of recommendation, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, March 30, 2020.
For questions regarding CSW awards, fellowships, and grants, please contact the Management Services Officer.