This scholarship, made possible through the generous donation of Dr. Myrna Hant, rewards the rebirth of academic aspirations among women whose college careers were interrupted or delayed by family and/or career obligations and encourages achievement in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree at UCLA.
Two $1000 scholarships
Extended to Monday, April 27, 2020
- Applicant must be a registered UCLA undergraduate woman who started or returned to college after a number of years and must be registered during the quarters when the application is due and when award payment is made.
- Applicant may also have transferred from a community college to UCLA with junior status
- Awardee will be honored at the CSW Awards Celebration at UCLA at a date to be determined (due to COVID-19, the 2020 Awards Celebration has been postponed). Attendance is expected.
- Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Find detailed information on the Dream Act at www.financialaid.ucla.edu.
- Applicants receiving financial aid are advised to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
The application requires the documents listed below:
- Personal Essay (maximum 3 single-spaced pages): Describe (1) your path to a college degree; (2) what you have accomplished academically, personally, and in the community; and (3) what earning a degree from UCLA means to you.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Unofficial UCLA Transcripts (with most recent coursework)
- Community college transcripts are welcomed if applicant feels it will strengthen application
- Two Letters of Recommendation: One letter from a faculty member of any university and another letter from a faculty or non-faculty member who is knowledgeable about your community service.
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the reference’s email address in the form and an email will be sent (once the application is submitted) via Submittable to the references with instructions on uploading.
If the recommender encounters difficulties uploading letters to Submittable, they may send it directly to email@example.com with the name of the student and award for which they are applying.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letters of recommendations, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, April 27, 2020.
For questions regarding CSW awards, fellowships, and grants, please contact the Management Services Officer.