The Center for the Study of Women offers grants to all UCLA ladder faculty for research development, new project development that may lead to external funding opportunities through CSW, and project completion that could be considered for CSW publications (policy briefs, research reports).
Preference will be given to junior faculty and projects that link to CSW’s current research projects (for example, Feminism and the Senses, Chemical Entanglements, Food | Water | Shelter). For more information regarding CSW’s current research projects, visit here.
Ranges from $1500 to $3000
Monday, May 7, 2018
- Applicants must be UCLA tenure-track faculty and can apply for support for research projects on gender, sexuality, and/or women’s issues.
- Faculty are not eligible to receive a CSW Faculty Research Grant (formerly known as the CSW Faculty Development Grant) within three years of their receipt of an earlier one.
- Recipients must agree to the following:
- Submit a final report describing the project outcomes
- Acknowledge CSW in all public informational materials and publications resulting from the grant
- Collaborate with CSW’s Publications Unit to prepare an article or blog post on results of the grant project
- Provide one of the following services to CSW based on CSW need: 1) Serve on an awards committee, 2) Moderate a panel at the Thinking Gender conference, or 3) Present research findings in a public forum sponsored by CSW (if needed)
The application requires the following documents:
- Research Proposal (maximum 3 single-spaced page description that includes the title and an explanation of the proposed research)
- Itemized Budget (1 page describing how funds will be used)
- Supporting Documents (quotes/invoices) of Budget Items (e.g., if airfare, provide copy of airfare prices if ticket is not yet purchased)
- Curriculum Vitae
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, May 7, 2018.
For questions regarding CSW awards, fellowships, and grants, please contact the Management Services Officer.