The Center for the Study of Women is offering travel grants to non-UCLA graduate students and independent scholars to attend the Chemical Entanglements: Gender and Exposure Symposium on May 4-5, 2017, at UCLA.
The purpose of the travel grants is to provide financial assistance to graduate students and independent scholars outside of UCLA who otherwise could not attend the event due to financial constraints.
Awards will range from $100-250
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, beginning on April 10, 2017.
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of financial need, related research interests, and number of qualified applicants.
- Awardees must be a registered graduate student at a university other than UCLA or an independent scholar not associated officially with a university.
- Funds will be disbursed after the event upon submission of original and itemized receipts showing method of payment and only for travel directly related to the Chemical Entanglements Symposium. Eligible expenses include airfare, lodging, mileage, parking, and ground/public transportation.
- Awardee is not eligible for a travel grant if they receive funding from another source for the same expenses submitted for this application.
The application requires the documents below:
- Statement of Need and Interest (1-page maximum): Describe your research interests related to Chemical Entanglements and how attending the Chemical Entanglements Symposium will benefit your academic/professional work.
- Budget: Provide a detailed breakdown of expenses and amounts. Specify if you will receive travel support from any other source.
– If requesting funds for mileage, provide the departure address. UCLA Travel Policy reimburses $0.54/mile.
Please contact Kristina Nyden, Management Services Officer.