UNDERGRADUATE FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT
STUDENT WORKER POSITION
The Center for the Study of Women (CSW) has an opening for one part-time student to be a front office assistant (along with three other part-time student workers) to manage the CSW front office and provide diverse and varied administrative assistance to the CSW faculty and staff. Tasks include but are not limited to data entry/collection/analysis, internet research, office organization, auditing/double-checking information (website, flyers, etc.), copying, filing, composing correspondence, flyer distribution, answering phones and e-mails, and diverse errands. Other duties include on-site event assistance at seminars, lectures, and conferences.
If interested, position can also contribute to CSW research and projects (https://csw.ucla.edu/cswresearch).
Normal hours of operation are 8am-5pm. CSW provides flexibility with schedule, but we need the student (when their schedule permits) to staff periodic events that can sometimes end at 6-7pm. Major 2018-19 events include the Fall Reception on October 10, 2018, and the Thinking Gender Conference on February 22, 2019. For more information on CSW’s events, visit https://csw.ucla.edu/events.
Pay begins at $14/hour.
- Ideal candidate has at least two more years remaining at UCLA (those graduating in June 2019 will be given lower priority)
- Demonstrated skill in using Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Ability to work accurately and independently after receiving instructions required
- Must take initiative, be hard working, and willing to go above and beyond. Must also be responsible, detail-oriented, and dependable.
- Experience in an office environment helpful
- Interest in the CSW mission also a plus
- Additional skills a plus but not required (also looking for quick learners): experience with WordPress, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and film editing/production software (i.e., Premiere Pro).
- Indicate any and all additional skills on resume.
Please send to Kristina Magpayo Nyden, Management Services Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 18-19 Work Study Funding Amount
- Ideal Start Date
- Fall 2018 Availability
- Number of Hours you are willing to work each week
Priority is finding a good candidate who will fit into the CSW office culture.
Pending satisfactory job performance, position can continue throughout summer and future academic years.
Contact Kristina Magpayo Nyden, Management Services Officer, at email@example.com.