The Center for the Study of Women (CSW) is hiring a Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) to conduct research on scholarly, activist, and institutional responses to sexual violence. We are particularly interested in graduate students with training or interest in women of color, immigrant, and/or Indigenous feminisms, abolitionist/anti-carceral, and/or queer approaches to addressing sexual violence.
We would like the work to begin immediately and ideally completed by June 15, 2018. Percentage of appointment based on amount of work and availability, but this will be a less than 25% position (with no fee remission).
GSR will research scholarly, activist, and institutional responses to sexual violence. Relevant research questions:
- What has been the scholarship and activism around intersectional, abolitionist/anti-carceral, and queer approaches to sexual violence?
- How do structures of power including race, gender, immigration status, sexuality, disability, affect susceptibility and responses to sexual violence?
- What, if any, policy exists, particularly within higher educational settings, that reflects intersectional, abolitionist, anti-carceral approaches to sexual violence?
- UCLA graduate student (master’s or doctorate) in good academic standing
- Possess skills or interest in gender studies, anthropology, sociology, political science, public policy, information studies, cultural studies, etc.
- Organized, responsible, thorough, timely, and excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Adept at conducting library and online research
- Ability to write annotated bibliographies and research papers
- Demonstrated interest in gender and feminism
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt of e-mail in order for candidate to be selected immediately.
Please apply by sending your materials electronically to CSW Management Services Officer Kristina Magpayo Nyden at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief Detailed Statement (no more than 1 page) on your qualifications related to job description
- List of Two (2) References (please include contact information)