JOB OPPORTUNITY: UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT WORKER POSITION
Work Study funding required during the academic year but not summer
The Center for the Study of Women (CSW) has an opening for two part-time students to be front office assistants (along with two other part-time student workers) to manage the CSW front office and provide diverse and varied administrative assistance to the CSW faculty and staff. Tasks include but are not limited to data entry/collection/analysis, internet research, office organization, auditing/double-checking information (website, flyers, etc.), copying, filing, composing correspondence, flyer distribution, answering phones and e-mails, and diverse errands. Other duties include on-site event assistance at seminars, lectures, and conferences.
If interested, position can also contribute to CSW research and projects (https://csw.ucla.edu/cswresearch).
Normal hours of operation are 8am-5pm. CSW provides flexibility with schedule, but the student (when their schedule permits) must staff periodic events that can sometimes end at 6-7pm. Major 2017-18 events include the Critical Eating Studies Workshop on February 1-2, 2018, and Thinking Gender Conference on March 1-2, 2018. For more information on CSW’s events, visit https://csw.ucla.edu/events.
- Ideal candidate has at least two more years remaining at UCLA (those graduating in June 2018 will be given lower priority)
- Demonstrated skill in using Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Ability to work accurately and independently after receiving instructions required
- Must take initiative, be hard working, and willing to go above and beyond. Must also be responsible, detail-oriented, and dependable.
- Experience in an office environment helpful
- Interest in the CSW mission also a plus
- Additional skills a plus but not required: experience with WordPress, Adobe Acrobat, and film editing/production software.
- Indicate any and all additional skills on resume.
Please send to Kristina Magpayo Nyden, Management Services Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 17-18 Work Study Funding Amount
- Ideal Start Date
- September 2017 and Fall 2017 Availability
- Number of Hours you are willing to work each week
Start date is flexible, as early as beginning of September and as late as the beginning of Fall Quarter. Work study funding not required during the summer, but is required during the academic year. Priority is finding a good candidate who will fit into the CSW office culture.
Pending satisfactory job performance, position can continue to future academic years.
Kristina Magpayo Nyden, Management Services Officer
UCLA Center for the Study of Women