The Center for the Study of Women (CSW) is hiring a 25% Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) for the Winter and Spring 2017 Quarters (January 1 – June 30, 2017). Position includes graduate student fee remissions benefits. Possibility of continuation of appointment based on satisfactory performance.
- Conduct research work for CSW’s research projects (https://csw.ucla.edu/cswresearch)
- Working Group: Participate and/or lead a working group CSW’s Chemical Entanglements project (https://csw.ucla.edu/cswresearch/chemical-entanglements)
- Research: Read, interpret, and evaluate primary and secondary sources
- Writing: Compose high-quality content for online publications (blog posts, social media posts), literature reviews, research summaries and reports, and newsletters
- Grants: Research potential grants for research projects, particularly Chemical Entanglements, and compose proposals
- Interviews: Conduct phone, in-person, and/or video interviews with academic and non-academic sources
- Network: Identify and conduct outreach with scholars outside of UCLA to solicit contributions to research projects; research gender-related projects around campus and aggregate information
- Staff CSW events, conferences, and symposia
Hours are flexible but students must maintain regular schedule.
- UCLA graduate student (master’s or doctorate) in good academic standing
- Skills or interest in science and technology studies, gender studies, anthropology, sociology, public policy, information studies, cultural studies, environmental studies, or related fields
- Organized, responsible, thorough, and timely
- Able to create content for website and social media (write blogs, create online videos)
- Adept at conducting library and online research using primary and secondary sources
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to organize, analyze, and assess qualitative and quantitative data
- Able and willing to read academic texts from a variety of disciplines that may be outside your field of study
- Experience conducting interviews
- Grant-writing experience
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled. Interviews will begin as soon as possible.
Please apply and upload the following materials at https://uclacsw.submittable.com/submit/66563
- Cover Letter (explaining qualifications for position and research projects)
- Writing Sample (no more than 10 pages and must be sole-authored)
- Two (2) References (please include contact information)
Work study funding is not required for these positions. However, if applicant qualifies for work study for the 16-17 academic year, please indicate on application.
Contact Kristina Nyden
Management Services Officer
Center for the Study of Women