Chemical Entanglements: Gender and Exposure
May 4-5, 2017
The Chemical Entanglements Symposium will take place at the Young Research Library Main Conference Room on Thursday, May 4, and at the Jan Popper Theatre in the Schoenberg Music Building on Friday, May 5.
For a full UCLA map, please visit http://maps.ucla.edu/downloads.
The closest parking areas to the Young Research Library are Parking Structure #3 and 5. The closest parking area to the Schoenberg Music Building is Parking Structure #2. There are two ways to purchase parking in the various structures:
- Purchase pay-by-space parking in any space marked “Pay & Display.” Go to a self-service Daily Visitor Pay Station and follow posted instructions to purchase parking. The self-service station will dispense a parking pass based on your license plate number. Place the pass on your car dashboard so it is visible through the driver’s side of the windshield. Parking permits are good for only one lot (i.e., you may not move your car to another lot without paying an additional charge). For more information, please visit the Transportation website.
- Purchase all-day parking for $12/day at the Parking Kiosk located at Westholme Avenue and Hilgard Avenue (designated by the “i” on the map above). Only cash is accepted at this kiosk. Transportation Service representatives are also present at this kiosk to answer your questions.
If you are coming straight from the airport, the Express Shuttle can drop you off directly at the UCLA campus. The Young Research Library is located at 280 Charles E Young Drive North, Los Angeles, CA 90095. The Schoenberg Music Building is lcoated at 445 Charles E Young Drive East, Los Angeles, CA 90095. You must make reservations 24 hours in advance by calling (800) 427-7483 or visiting their website at http://www.execucarexpress.com/.
For a less expensive alternative, the LAX FlyAway Shuttle does drop-offs and pick-ups from LAX to UCLA Parking Structure 32 (at Weyburn/Kinross) located in Westwood. To learn more about FlyAway service, call 1-866-IFLYLAX (1-866-435-9529) or visit http://www.lawa.org/flyaway/.
The Culver City Bus (number 6 and Rapid 6) also runs from LAX to UCLA. Take an airport shuttle from your terminal to Parking Lot C, where you will be able to catch the 6. UCLA is accessible via multiple Santa Monica Big Blue Bus lines, Culver City Bus lines, and Metro Bus lines. For more information on which bus lines run to UCLA, please visit https://main.transportation.ucla.edu/getting-to-ucla/public-transit.
For alternative travel options from your hotel to the conference, consider apps such as Lyft and Uber. Lyft and Uber are now accessible from LAX to UCLA with specific pick-up locations located on the departures level of each terminal.
Within UCLA, the BruinBus offers free shuttle service to the UCLA Campus and surrounding Westwood area. For more information, please visit https://main.transportation.ucla.edu/getting-around-campus/bruinbus.
After the Keynote Address on Thursday, May 4, we will serve light refreshments. On Friday, May 5, we will provide a continental breakfast in the morning and refreshments at the Closing Reception. Additional hot food, snacks, and coffee can be purchased at various locations across campus, such as Lu Valle Commons, Northern Lights Cafe, and the Evelyn & Mo Ostin Music Cafe (adjacent to Schoenberg Music Building). For more information on dining options around UCLA, please visit: http://legacy.asucla.ucla.edu/restaurants/list_north.asp?ref=luvalle.
If you need a hotel, there are several options. Lodging is available both nearby and farther away from UCLA. When making your hotel arrangements, please consider the availability of bus lines and train lines to the UCLA campus. Included is a list of lodging options that are further from UCLA.
**Please keep in mind that the listed prices are subject to change daily and/or seasonally**
- The UCLA Guest House is located at 330 Charles E. Young Drive with rates starting at $187. Rooms with two beds are available starting at $199. Call (310) 825-2923 for reservations.
- The UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center is located at 425 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095. As part of the UCLA Social Sciences Division, guests can take advantage of the Center for the Study of Women’s special rate of $225 with the use of corporate code SOSCI. This rate comes with a number of benefits, such as one Wooden Center athletics pass and priority access to the Luskin Conference Center Campus Shuttle. To place your reservation, please click HERE.
- The Hilgard House Hotel is located at 927 Hilgard Avenue with rates starting at $177 (with UCLA discount) for single and $182 for double occupancy rooms. Call (310) 208-3945 for reservations.
- The Hotel Angeleno is located at 70 N Church Lane and is located approximately 2.9 miles from the conference venue. Hotel Angeleno features a complimentary nightly wine hour (5:30-6:30 pm), complimentary valet parking, and complimentary courtesy cars within 3 miles of the hotel.
- The Royal Palace Westwood Hotel is located at 1052 Tiverton Avenue with rates starting at $174 for single and $189 for double occupancy rooms. Call (310) 208-6677 for reservations.
- In Westwood Village, located immediately south of campus, there is the Tiverton Guest House at 900 Tiverton Avenue with rates starting at $159 (with UCLA discount). Call (310) 794-0151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
EVENT ACCESSIBILITY AND ACCOMMODATIONS
If you require accessibility-related accommodations, please visit our Event Accessibility page.
GENDER-INCLUSIVE RESTROOM MAP
For a map of the all-gender restrooms, please visit HERE.