Thinking Gender 2019 Accommodations and Parking
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019
UCLA Luskin Conference Center
*GENERAL REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL!**
CSW will contact waitlisted individuals by Thursday, February 21 with an update on available space.
For a full UCLA map, please visit http://maps.ucla.edu/downloads.
UCLA Meyer & Renee Luskin Conference Center Parking
Self-parking and Electric Vehicle Charging Stations are available underneath the Luskin Conference Center (425 Westwood Plaza). Parking rates range from $5 (for 1 Hour) to $12 (for 10 hours), or $32 per day with in–and-out privileges. Hotel guests at the Luskin Conference Center can purchase parking at the Lobby. Non-Hotel guests can self-park on the Lower Level of the garage and purchase visitor parking at the Self-Parking Pay Stations next to the elevators.
Parking Structure #8 (PS #8)
Visitor Parking is also available in Parking Structure #8 (555 Westwood Plaza) on Level 4 in designated “Pay & Display” spaces. A pedestrian bridge on Level 3 crosses over Strathmore Place, connecting PS #8 to the Luskin Conference Center. Electric Vehicle Charging Stations are located on Level 3 in the Permit Parking section. You may park here with a valid Visitor Parking pass displayed.
There are three ways to purchase parking in PS #8:
- Park and proceed to the self-service Daily Visitor Pay Stations (Level 4) and follow posted instructions to purchase parking. Parking rates range from $3/hour to $12/day. Self-service Pay Stations accept cash (exact change only) and credit cards. After payment, the machine will dispense a pass based on your license plate number. Place the pass on your car’s dashboard so it is visible through the driver’s side of the windshield. Parking passes do not have in-and-out privileges and are only valid for one lot.
- Pay By Phone using the ParkMobile App: Download the ParkMobile App and register with a credit card and license plate number (or Vehicle ID Number). Once parked, enter the parking zone number (Parking Lot 8 Zone Number: 2508) in the App and select the amount of time you wish to park. The ParkMobile App will send a text to inform you when you only have 15 minutes left on your paid time. You may then add more time to your parking via the App or return to your car before your time has expired. Normal parking fees apply, with an additional $0.35 convenience fee per transaction.
- Purchase all-day parking for $12/day at the Information & Parking Booth located at 555 Westwood Plaza (Westwood Plaza and Strathmore Avenue, designated by the “i” on the map above). This booth only accepts cash (no bills higher than $20). Transportation Service representatives are also present at this booth to answer your questions.
For more parking information, please visit the UCLA Transportation website.
UCLA Luskin Conference Center Address: 425 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
If you are coming straight from the airport, the Express Shuttle can drop you off directly at the UCLA campus. You must make reservations 24 hours in advance by calling (800) 427-7483 or visiting their website.
For a less expensive alternative, the LAX FlyAway Shuttle offers drop-offs and pick-ups from LAX to UCLA Parking Structure 32 located in Westwood on Kinross Avenue. To learn more about the FlyAway service, call 1-866-IFLYLAX (1-866-435-9529) or visit their website.
The Culver City Bus (number 6 and Rapid 6) also runs from LAX to UCLA. Take an airport shuttle from your terminal to Parking Lot C, where you can catch the Culver City 6 Bus. Schedule information is available here.
From Other Los Angeles Locations:
UCLA is accessible via Public Transportation with multiple Santa Monica Big Blue Bus lines, Culver City Bus lines, and Metro Bus lines. More information on which bus lines run to UCLA can be found here.
Ride Share Services through Lyft and Uber are also available. At LAX, Lyft and Uber pick-ups occur at designated locations on the Departures Level (upstairs). At UCLA, various locations throughout campus are designated for Lyft and Uber pick-ups.
For a detailed campus map of UCLA with various points of interest, click here.
We will provide guests with light refreshments in the morning and at the Keynote Panel reception. Additional hot food, snacks, and coffee can be purchased at the nearby campus locations:
- Plateia Restaurant at the UCLA Luskin Conference Center offers Mediterranean-inspired cuisine featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables, artisanal cheeses, sustainable seafood, and more.
- Avenue A, located on the A-Level in Ackerman Student Union, offers select restaurants including Taco Bell, Carl’s Jr., Jamba Juice, and more.
- Terrace Food Court, located on Level 1 in Ackerman Student Union, offers restaurants such as Veggie Grill, Rubio’s Fresh Mexican Grill, Panda Express, Wolfgang Puck, and more.
- Kerckhoff Coffeehouse, located in Kerckhoff Hall near Ackerman Student Union, offers coffee, tea, other beverages, and some select grab-and-go style food options.
Lodging is available both nearby and farther away from UCLA. When making your hotel arrangements, please consider the availability of bus and train lines to the UCLA campus.
The following hotels are within walking distance of UCLA and are located in Westwood Village. **Please keep in mind that the listed prices are subject to change daily and/or seasonally**
- Luskin Conference Center: The Thinking Gender Conference venue also offers hotel lodging and is located at 425 Westwood Plaza. Normal rates start at $344 for double queen rooms. Parking is $32/day. Call (855) 522-8252 or visit their website for reservations.
- A special rate of $239 is available for a limited time on a first-come, first-serve basis. To take advantage of this special rate, contact CSW Administrative Specialist Melissa Jamero.
- UCLA Guest House: Located at 330 Charles E. Young Drive East with rates starting at $199 for single and $219 for double bed rooms. Rates increase as occupancy fills. They offer a complimentary continental breakfast. Parking is $12/day. Call (310) 825-2923 for reservations.
- UCLA Tiverton House: Located at 900 Tiverton Avenue with rates starting at $159. Call (310) 794-0151 for reservations and mention you will be attending a UCLA conference for discounted rates.
- Hilgard House Hotel: Located at 927 Hilgard Avenue with rates starting at $182 for single and $187 for double bed rooms, plus tax. Call (310) 794-0151 for reservations and mention you will be attending a UCLA conference for discounted rates.
- Royal Palace Westwood Hotel: Located at 1052 Tiverton Avenue with rates starting at $185 for single and $219 for double bed rooms, plus tax. Call (310) 208-6677 for reservations.
Below is a list of lodging options farther from UCLA:
- Hotel Angeleno: Offers single king or double queen bedrooms for a discounted rate of $189.00, plus tax. They are located at 170 N Church Lane, approximately 2.9 miles away from the conference venue. The hotel offers complimentary transportation within a 3-mile radius, including to UCLA. They also feature a nightly complimentary wine hour (5:30-6:30 PM) and one free valet parking. For reservations, call (866) 264-3536 and reference “Thinking Gender Conference 2019” for the discounted rate. Or you can reserve online at this special link . (Link works best with Firefox or Google Chrome, and on a computer or tablet.) The cutoff to book with this rate is January 31, 2019. Availability is limited – book early!
- Comfort Inn Santa Monica: They are located at 2815 Santa Monica Boulevard and are approximately 3.7 miles away from the conference venue. The hotel is located close to a bus line that takes you directly to UCLA. They also offer complimentary Wi-Fi, breakfast, and parking. For reservations, call (888) 307-7177 and reference Thinking Gender Conference CODE #2510 for the discounted rates. The cutoff to book with these rates is January 20, 2019 by 4 PM. Availability is limited – book early!
- Offers the following discounted room rates plus taxes and fees:
- 1 queen bed – $175.20
- 2 queen beds – $183.20
- 1 king bed – $191.20
- 1 king + 1 queen beds – $199.25
- 2 queen beds + 1 sofa – $199.25
- Offers the following discounted room rates plus taxes and fees:
EVENT ACCESSIBILITY AND ACCOMMODATIONS
If you require accessibility-related accommodations, please visit our Event Accessibility page.
GENDER-INCLUSIVE RESTROOM MAP
For a map of the all-gender restrooms, please visit HERE.
THINKING GENDER 2019 IS CO-SPONSORED BY:
- Backed by Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- UCLA Luskin Endowment for Thought Leadership
- UCLA Interdisciplinary & Cross Campus Affairs (ICCA)
- UCLA Graduate Division
- UCLA Division of Humanities
- Political Theology Network
- UCLA Department of African American Studies
- UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs
- UCLA American Indian Studies Center
- UCLA Black Male Institute
- Institute on Inequality and Democracy at UCLA Luskin
- UCLA Institute for Research on Labor and Employment
- UCLA Department of Philosophy
- UCLA Department of Social Welfare
- UCLA Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies
- UCLA César E. Chávez Department of Chicana and Chicano Studies
- UCLA Department of Asian American Studies
- UCLA Department of Sociology
- UCLA Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity, and Politics
- UCLA Department of History
- UCLA Department of Public Policy
- The Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law
- UCLA Department of Anthropology
- UCLA LGBT Campus Resource Center
- UCLA Center for the Study of Racism, Social Justice & Health
- Criminal Justice Program at UCLA School of Law
- UCLA Division of Social Sciences